Frequently Asked Questions
We understand you must have a number of questions. We’ve done our best to answer them for you, but if you have a question that’s not on our list, please contact us.
1. How can a mortgage broker help me?
We save you time, money and so much stress! How?
- We save you time by approaching banks and lenders to get your loan approved.
- Not only do we negotiate with lenders on your behalf, but we will get the most competitive rates, lowest fees and the right mortgage structure for you.
- Instead of making heaps of applications to different banks, you just need to make one application. We ensure it’s presented the best way to mitigate any risks so it gets approved first time and we guide you through the process.
2. Is it worth getting a mortgage broker?
If you want to increase your chances of success – yes! A mortgage broker does the hard work for you and best of all, our services are generally free.
3. Why would I go to a broker and not my bank?
The simple answer is because you’re more likely to get your home loan approved!
Lenders have different lending criteria, which means just because your bank declines your loan it doesn’t mean you won’t get approval from a different lender.
What’s more, a broker deals with a number of different lenders, which gives you more options and a home loan package that is tailor-made for you.
4. Do you charge fees?
Generally, our fees are free, our brokers get paid a commission by the banks or lenders. You can find out more here.
5. How does it work?
- We have a chat to make sure you qualify and to understand your needs.
- You complete our online fact finder and upload your documents into our easy streamlined system.
- We crunch the numbers and assess the deal to find the best fit on our panel of lenders – then we work on getting the deal approved.
- We work out the best way to structure your lending to achieve your goals.
6. How many lenders do you work with?
We have good relationships with most main New Zealand banks: ANZ, ASB, BNZ, Westpac and SBS Bank. We also have access to other lenders: Resimac, Pepper, Avanti, Bluestone and BaseCorp.
7. Can a mortgage broker help me get my first mortgage?
Yes, we have a passion for helping first home buyers into their own homes. Our experienced, friendly team will answer your questions and help you get your head around the jargon and how the buying process works. We’re experts who have helped hundreds of first home buyers into homes, so by working with us you’ll have a leg-up on the competition.
8. What is pre-approval?
A pre-approval means the bank has confirmed you’re eligible for a home loan and will let you know how much you can borrow. All that’s left to do then is find the house you want to buy, make sure the bank is happy with it and make an offer.
Pre-approvals are generally valid for 3 months, but they can be extended.
9. Can you help me secure finance if I’m self-employed?
Yes, we can help you find a mortgage if you’re self-employed. We understand the best way to present an application to the bank is with full financial statements and tax records. However, if you don’t have those things we also have lenders on our panel who can assist with low-doc loans for borrowers who find it more difficult to prove their income.
10. Can you help me if I have bad credit?
Talk to us today and we’ll be able to tell you whether you qualify for lending.
Do you have any other questions?
Call us today to arrange a free no-obligation chat.